Re: Sync Motor :-( update_3

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/31/01 03:16:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> >  >Im starting to wonder if one of the stator fields is shorted     warm
> > hot
> >  >running  slow speed  "grinding" possible bucking .....
> >  >
> >  >Hmmmmmmmmmmm ...
>
> Jonathon,
>
> On some motors, when they're put back together, the armature
> rotor can rub on the stator, and you'll hear a rubbing noise if you
> turn the motor shaft by hand.  I had a motor like this and I had
> to take off an end cap, and rotate it by 90 degrees, to prevent
> this rubbing.  If you feel any scraping or rubbing as you turn the
> armature by hand, this could be your problem.  This mechanical
> rubbing could limit the speed of the motor maybe.  The rubbing
> is caused because the armature and stator are not properly
> concentric.
>
> John Freau

No, no rubbing. I heard that noise before, when i turned it without one of
the endcaps on. I think I am just going to ship it to Terry, let him figure
it out.

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon