RE: Short, Fat Resonators?

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hello Greg

A similar result exist for an Archimedes spiro primary. Let R = the average
radius of the coil and W = the width of the coil. For a fixed length of
wire, the coil will have maximum inductance when W = 8R / 11. One would have
to be suspicious of results like these because they come from using
empirical formulas for inductance about which the range of validity is in
doubt. Otherwise the derivation of these results for optimal inductance is a
simple exercise in differential calculus. I think it would be interesting to
explore very low aspect ratio resonators on a smaller scale than that of N.
Tesla.

Godfrey Loudner