Re: Ford Coil Triggered Gap Testing

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Terry all,

I don't think you have any gain in using a bigger cap than a 1.5
to 2 uF, it not take a lot of current to magnetize the core or
the ignition coil and for best output what you need is fast
collapse of the magnetic field. With a bigger cap you will have
more energy than it's necessary and you will slow the discharge time.

Cheers,

Luc Benard

P.S. Tx Terry for the nice test.