Re: transformer theory q

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-hammer-at-post5.tele.dk>

> Davep and all!

> It was my hope that the context would have revealed, that these
> windings were only ment as a test winding to determine the right
> amount of primary turns. _ANY_ kind of wire will do for that task,

	And if '_ANY_' is too small, it will melt, overheat
	catch fire, even for test.  If lucky, this will happen.
	If less lucky, the wire slightly larger, will appear
	satisfactory, get left in and get a transformer built around
	it and THEN be lossy, etc.

> and save on the budget, instead of winding it with the thick wire,
> at a time where it has not yet been determined how many turns it
> takes, and therefore the thickness cannot be decided upon yet,

	Thickness of wire is determined by currents to be carried.
	a wire which might carry 'magnetizing' (test, no secondary)
	currents apparently satisfactorily will be entirely
	unsatisfactory for use when LOAD currents, reflected back
	are present.

	best
	dwp