Pile of Potential Transformers

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Robynsaddiction-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello List,

       I just thought that I would share a recent find with all of you. Today
while making the usual runs to the scrap yards here in my city, I ran across
the rarest of any past find of mine. Honestly, it is a find that would make
Richard Hull proud, and I have my friend Chuck Cook to verify that I am not
fish stories. I found a pile, and I do mean literally a pile of PT
transformers. WWUUAAAA!! HA!! HA!! HA!! HA!! HA!!!!! I could hardly believe
my eyes as I gazed upon the pile. In fact, I was so excited that I started
jumping up and down yelling "There is a GOD, There is a GOD!!." However,
after calming down, I reverted back into my old agnostic self. Unfortunately,
I found them just as the place was closing, but I will be back first thing in
the morning to gather all that I can load into the hatchback of my Eagle
Talon:^) I did have time to haul one of the largest ones up to the office for
check out. It weighed 120 pounds. The plate said General Electric Potential
Transformer, and it rated at 1500 VA with a BIL of 110 kV. The primary
voltage is 14,400, and the secondary voltage is 120. The turns ratio is
120:1, and the CAT. NO. is 685X59. There were so many of them that I could
not count them all, and many of them I found within the pile of scrap, so who
knows how many I will come across.

       Well gang, keep up the coiling fun, and be sure to nail the heck out
of those scrap yards. I got the 14,400 Volt PT for only $20.00 and it works
great! Take Care guys, and Gals.
                                                 In Friendship, Richard
Harris (913) 345-2431

PS Hey Chuck, I'll see you this Saturday. You know that some of these are
yours buddy. Take Care