Re: Cardboard Tube for mini coil?

I've used cardboard mailing tubes as forms.  I didn't even bother really
coating it first, other than leaving in the sun for a couple of days first,
then shooting clear acrylic spray on it to make it slightly tacky (which
keeps the wire down if you lose tension as you wind (say, when the
telephone rings...)

Mind you, i was running a 9 kV/30mA or a 15 kV/30 mA transformer, so I
wouldn't guarantee it if running off a pole transformer...

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Patrick Leonard by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <transactoid-at-rogers-dot-com>