Re: SSTC first light, 6" -at- 120VAC

Original poster: "Justin Hays by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pyrotrons2000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi again All.

Well, I just typed a nice hairy massive spell-checked,
error-free college thesis of an email, and lost it as
my PC crashed ; (

So, I will say this:

To Jan: Aron and I agree that the info. on your
website is fantastic. We like the cheap 555-based SSTC
that arcs 11". We like your waveforms, FET's vs.
bipolars in drive circuit, etc. etc. Great
stuff....the first thing out of my mouth when I saw
the gate drive waveform was "yeah, uh-huh, those
bipolars need to turn into FET's!!" Confirmed, they
are turning into FET's when I get some P-channel'ers.
And new gate drive transformers are next, that is, if
I don't redesign the entire gate drive circuit.

To everyone else: SSTC's are WAY cool, you need to
build one.

For those that don't know, my circuit is at
www.hvguy-dot-com, it is a bright yellow font.

And Jan Wagner's website comes highly recommended from
hvguy-dot-com!!! I had never really sat down and surfed it
until now. There's some great stuff there, visit:

http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner/tesla/SSTC/general-sstc-notes.htm#4

Take care all, and thanks again Jan for your comments
and advice.

Justin Hays
KC5PNP
Email: pyrotrons2000-at-yahoo-dot-com