RE: Seperate transformer cabinet or not?

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Bill, Matt and all:
I'd like to put in a "plug" for a separate NST box.
When you even put one 45 pound NST smack dab in the middle of a 2 foot
square base cabinet, the cabinet becomes extremely awkward to manage. And
for those of us who insist on portability, it became a serious issue.

So, I took the 15/60, the Corcom filter and misc switches and mounted all in
a plywood box with its own casters and a big steel lifting handle.

The unit connects to the MOV filter board by using my own HV cables,
RadioShack #8 MegaCable sleeved inside air compressor hose and PL-259
connectors. So far it has worked very well. The arrangement made transport
and setup at this year's haunted house a breeze.

If I go the multi-NST route, EACH will be in it's own container with
inter-box cabling. This will provide maximize flexibility for transportation
and setup.

Check the photo on Ross Overstreet's page for a shot of the arrangement.
http://users.better-dot-org/roverstreet/TCBFW/tcbfw_teslathon_2001.htm
The red box on the left is the NST power supply.

Hope this is helpful.

Safety First

Ted