Re: Triggered Gap

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

> >4. I saw ("Mark"'s ("MARC WITH A "C" PLEASE)) gap b/f the big discussion
on the list and I saw the
> >original diagram with a 12 uf cap (Or something around there) so I got a
> >motor run capacitor rated at 15 uf, now people are saying to use something
> >around 2 or 3 uf, will my large size be a problem?

The original had a mistake in print due to my fault, it has always been
2-3uf for the limiting cap.*

> The ignition coil my get hot fast.  If it is sealed, it may even explode
> from internal pressure.  Best to get the 2-3 uF or run for a short time and
> keep an eye on the coil temperature.

I never have felt a rise in temp of my coils?

  DigiKey number P10945-ND is a nice
> cap for this but two Radio Shack 1.0uF AC caps work too.

sorry for the confusion.
Marc M.

---
*Terry fixed Marc's print so it is fine now ;-)  Terry originally tried it
with a 20uF cap (before I knew about the print error) and a standard
ignition coil got hot real fast.  I use 2uF now and it works fine. - Terry