Explanation of K

Original poster: "CJ Moore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wizard1234-at-home-dot-com>

I have found several tests to find the coupling coefficient, and think that
I will prob. go with the one everyone seems to agree is the best. What I
haven't found is why the test works, or how it was derived. I am doing a
science fair project on this and am in need of a little technical help. Any
information or links would be appreciated. You can email me off list at
xowoe-at-home-dot-com if you would prefer.

Thanks again,
CJ

P.S: - a pic of my partially completed coil can be seen here... it was a
quick pic with no setup, and a bad job cleaning it up, but expect many more
pics (and possibly dv) of the coil when its completed

http://members.home-dot-com/fredmoore/coil.gif