Re: Streamer Behavior vs BPS

Original poster: "S & J Young by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <youngs-at-konnections-dot-net>

Bart,

My two little 4 inch TCs were spaced about 4 feet apart.  They are two
identical coils with one tank cap across both primaries in series.  ASRG
with 8 rotating electrodes and 2 stationary electrodes, one on each side of
the rotor.  Power is DC reactor resonant charger powered by dual MOTs with
filtered doublers for up to 10 KV DC out.  At full power and 500 BPS, I can
get 57 inch streamers.  At less than 200 BPS, there are several about 18
inch streamers the jump out of the toroids at different locations.  Kindof
worrysome in my cramped basement lab as some of them try to jump to me!
Toroids are el-cheapo 5 inch OD flex drain pipe covered with duct tape then
aluminum tape, about 20 inches total width.  Breakout wires face each other
level with the toroid tops and stick out about an inch.  Sortof like Ed
Wingate's dual TC setup in minature.

John Freau replied to this and caused me to remember that as the BPS gets
lower, the bang energy is going up.  The average current drops and my DC
supply puts out another KV or 2.  This could also account for the increased
"gas burner" effect, as John aptly calls it.  I will have to try the
experiments again keeping the HVDC constant and see if the effect is still
the same.

Bart - thanks for your many valuable contributions over the years to this
list.
--Steve