Re: 555 50% duty cycle

A consideration often overlooked by car-coil experimenters, is the fact that
the coil ,like the TC, is a resonant device requiring a .22u capacitor to
develop max voltage. Brute force can over come this, but at a high power
loss. Even the lamp dimmer circuits use a .2u cap in series for best results
    Robert  H