Re: Glue?

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> >What is the best type of glue for attaching copper
> pipes to lucite(or lexan)
> >for a spark gap?
> >Will 90 second epoxy work fine?
> >Also, is there a difference between lucite and
> lexan?

A big confusion with plastics is the difference
between brand names and chemical composition.

Your best bet is to find a local plastics supplier and
ask. I think those are both brand names, but I don't
know if they are different.

Whoops, forgot this info the first time:

I have had good luck gluing disparate plastics
together, and to other materials, with Plastic Epoxy.
They keep changing the forumulation, though, so check
around. It seems to have some kind of solvents in it
that bite into the plastic. I've got a prop blaster
with a squirt gun handle glued onto an ABS pipe,
securely stuck to it for 15 years and counting.

=====
Steve Greenfield               // Digital photo scanning, retouching,
Polymorph Digital Photography // and photomorphing to your specs.
253/879-0426 voice           // We use the best little computer in
polymorph-at-polyphoto-dot-com     // the world, the Amiga!
http://www.polyphoto-dot-com/  // Based in Tacoma, WA, USA