Re: Another question

Chris; the 10 kv of your transformer is the effective voltage which is its
equivelent heating value of DC.
  The actual voltage is 1.414 x that or 14 Kv.
in a resonant cirquit the valtage seen can be twice that or 28 Kv because
the voltage in the circuit can add to the transormer. The TC is a resonant
circuit so the voltage of (28 Kv) is multiplied by the turns ratio of the
coils or 10:1000 or 2800,000 volts. This should give you some idea of what
is going on. The Toroid is a capacitive storage hat on the coil which can
accumulate even more. The spark gap spacing controles the voltage of the
input to the coil so if you make the space wide the voltage is high and you
tend to have problems in thet area. As the voltage goes up any sharp edge or
point tends to cause arking so shape becomes a problem. That is why people
ask about where they can get smooth spheres to use for toroids. Dryer
ducting has many rough edges. Heater duct has less, and baking pans are even
smother. The sphere is about the best. This should give some idea what is
going on in this game. No this is not everything that is, its just an over
view.

Robert  H