Re: Level shifter inrush current

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

Weazle,

I have not had any problem with blown diodes. Thanks to Steve's
recent research on charging chokes, the diodes are getting even less
of a beating.

I do have one question to throw out to the list: I keep losing MOTs
to the magic smoke in the sky. The secondary wire just seems to burn
apart. They are under oil and wired in the traditional series-opposed
arrangement (cores wired together). Perhaps the poor transformer
performance is why they are in the garbage in the first place? I have
lost 5 this way. BTW- one mot secondary is epoxy potted and has yet
to fail.

Good luck,
Gregory