Re: Spark Dissipation

Original poster: "David Trimmell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>

John, All!

John, I must agree with your "intuitive sense"! I does seem probable that
the intense heat formed from CW VTTC (even pulsed) will provide a intense
(hot!) ion path for sparks to follow. Thus reducing the potential growth
per cycle...

Perhaps a "Super Staccato" VTTC could produce similar results as a Spark
gap coil (at least research wise) with less burnt Silicon, ;-)

Regards,

David Trimmell
www.ChaoticUniverse-dot-com