Re: SRSG firing positions

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <f-hammer-at-post5.tele.dk>

Ted, all!

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

> Greetings List
> Has anyone have suggestions on operating a SRSG with multiple firings per
> cycle.
> Normally operated at 90deg (pk) and then again at 270deg (the other pk)
>
> Firing at say 6 times per cycle what firing angles are best. Id imagine
> keeping 90/270 and adding new firing times at sat +/- 20deg.
> Thoughts ??
> Best
> Ted in NZ

I have.
The positioning of the electrodes beats intuition, I think, and is
dependant on the cap size and the current limiting/leakage inductance in
the system.
I am of the opinion, that the best firing angles are the ones where the
bangs become equal of size size, and that this is best determined by
running simulations in Microsim, or doing it realtime with a RAT.
I have found that the following intervals pretty much covers the
positioning of the electrodes in a 300 BPS system, provided that the
transformer is well made. However, if the transformer is a series of
MOT`s it is not always possible to use these values:
First:  2.0mS - 2.5mS
Second: 6.4mS - 6.6mS
Third:  8.8mS - 9.0mS
Where one 1/2 phase is 10mS
There is more about this subject at:
Http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/tesla.htm

Cheers, Finn Hammer