Re: how much power do you need? another question.

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> I'm pretty sure it's tuned correctly, because,
> depending on where i tap the
> primary, the spark length will go from 1 foot to
> about 3 feet. I want to build
> one using my MOT(s) with nice bright sparks, but the
> only coils i've seen like
> that were powered by pole pigs... my parents hate me
> messing with my tesla coil
> enough, they'd go crazy if i brought home a pole
> pig...

Have you ever seen my 4" x 24" MOT powered coil?  Have
a gander at www.angelfire-dot-com/ga3/tesla

The very first picture you see on the home page is the
4" x 24" coil running on a dual MOT power supply with
two half-wave voltage doublers.  Output was pretty
intense, though I admit I've never tried to fire it in
daylight.  The same coil and power supply without the
voltage doublers produced shorter, but much thicker
and brighter discharges.  Maybe that's what you're
after?

Cheers,

Greg
www.angelfire-dot-com/ga3/tesla