Re: Ryan's Coil is Working. :)

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ryan Ries by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<spud-at-wf-dot-net>

>         Well finally all the hard work is starting to pay off.  I'm using
four
> MOTs in series/parallel to draw about 20 amps at 240 volts to the pig.  It
> works almost flawlessly, and I can't see any of the typical "bucking" that
> many people witness while using strictly inductive ballast.

snipperzzz...

CONGRATS  !!!   Ryan   good to see you are having some positve results.

btw  6' arcs are decient for a pig -at- 4.8KVA   start working on getting
parts for the SRSG
:)   and a beefier cap :)

as far as a new clip for the tapping ...  try locating a replacement set of
clips used on
smaller car battery chargers you can bend the clip ends around a small pipe
with a hammer
and use pliers to make final adjustments to make it fit the primary tubing...

to prevent direct strikes to the primary ...  consider a strike ring
take a section of
tubing and make a "ring" out of it and support it about 2" above the
primary at the outer
turn area  BE SURE to leave about 2" of gap on the "ring" ( you dont want
it to be a
complete circle or else it will heat up very quickly and suck alot of power
from the field
supplying the secondary, if you make the gap too small it will arc at the
gap)  connect
one end of the "ring" to your RF ground.  this should divert direct strikes
to the
primary  ( i use a strike ring and havent had a direct strike to the
primary yet but i
have had several strikes to the ring thus saving the tank circuit).

Scot D