Re: Maggie help needed

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "michael.tucknott by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <michael.tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>

> Hi Antonio
> OK OK I think I`m getting the hang of this stuff (NOT).
>  Since all three coils are fixed values what happens if I move
> the secondary into or out of the primary. I built the driver unit
> so the two coils could be moved. If I move the secondary further
> out of the primary then the coupling should go down, right ?????
> If I`v mist the point I may be able to wind a few more turns on
> to the secondary.
> I do have another coil that we could use as a resonator, it has a lot
> less turns, about 550 on a form 4 1/4" by 13"

If you move the secondary out of the primary, the coupling
coefficient decreases.
The other resonator has almost the same inductance of the larger one,
9.14 mH. Gets close to the fast mode 4,5,6, that requires k=0.281,
but a lot of capacitance at the top of L2.
(See the table at http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/magt2.txt)
I would try to keep the high coupling coefficient, to get fast
energy transfer. With L3>>L2, what happens at the low-impedance
secondary coil will not be very significant. I think that only the
main tuning relation L1*C1=(L2+L3)*C3 would be really significant.
I have updated my MagSim program so it can generate a table of
component values for the various modes. I still have to make it
generate the waveforms more directly. The program is at:
ftp://coe.ufrj.br/pub/acmq/magsim.zip

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz