Re: rotary question

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

> Hi All,
>     My rotary is coming along OK. I am wondering about the advantages,
> or not, of having the electrodes side by side rather than end to end. I
> am trying to design a fail safe system to allow the static electrodes to
> be pushed out of the way in the event of a collision.

snipperzz...

Hi Bob ...

I have been working on my SRSG and have noticed that at peak voltage levels
( and if the rotory
is a bit early on arrival) the gap distance between electrodes doesnt make
much difference when
we are talking 20 - 50 thou...   I have seen the spark (at the gap)
develope 1/2" long arcs
before and after the gap has lined up.

I set my gaps to 75 thou...  pleanty of clearance and minimal worry about
collision...

Scot D