Re: [Fwd: Spark gap not firing]

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi John C.,

There have been numberous discussions on these
configurations as you know since you were part of them. I
believe the consensus showed that the coilers who lost NST's
in the cap||xfmr configuration were very real and that the
gap||xfmr configuration was best for the reasons stated
previously. In either configuration, if the NST does not
have overvoltage protection gaps, then NST death is almost
certain. I don't think we can adequately say that all these
NST's died for the same reason. But, we can say that the
addition of safety gaps and gap||xfmr configuration is less
of a risk than the other.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>