SV: NST resonance

Original poster: "Jan Ohlsson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jan.ohlsson-at-mbox319.swipnet.se>

Ed wrote:

> Questions:
>
> 1. Was this a power factor corrected transformer?

Í do not now for sure, but I tried two different NST:s and there was no
text on the specification plates on the NST:s and no visual clues to
suggest a power correction capacitor.

> 2. Did you try exciting the primary from a low-voltage source (couple of
> volts, perhaps) at power line frequency and measure the output voltage
> as you varied the shunt capacitance?

I fed the primary with an audio power amplifier with a capability to drive
loads down to 2 ohms at a level of a few volts. (I stated by mistake in my
first post that it was constant current, I should have written contant
voltage). I fed the amplifier with a  sine sweep from 20 Hz and upwards. I
registered the voltage as a function of frequency across the secondary with
one capacitor at a time, values from 1.6 to 6.8 nF.

Jan