Re: variac amperage control??

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Bill,
Variacs are placed before the transformer and in series with one leg.
Connect to one end of the variac
from the power supply and output (pin 3) goes to the transformer. Simply
visualize the variac winding in
series with one of the AC lines to the transformer. With 240V, both lines
may be hot and either line will
work in that configuration. With 120V, you will have one hot line which to
put the variac in series with.

Bart A.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Bill Trumpet by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <billtrumpet-at-hotmail-dot-com>