Re: Formulas

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <k.schraner-at-datacomm.ch>

Hi Jason,

using multi-worksheet excel workbooks is my preferred method of
designing TC's. I'm keenly waiting your way to do it :o). In my
opinion, spreadsheets may provide a suitable tool to an
integrated TC design approach. My own spreadsheets follow the
development of each coil-project, and are getting individualized
on that way, when experimental data become available. An example
can be seen and downloaded at:

http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/BW_design.zip   (ca.108k)

It's the excel for my "Black & White" coil design, which proved
to be quite successful for this coil( 4m = ~13' sparks predicted
and attained). The form is not yet quite ok, to present it as a
general tool (mix of language english/german; some worksheets
need to be removed, because of temporal interest only etc.), but
I thought, it might support your own developpment. I've included
some topics like skin- & proximity effect info, awg- and medhurst
tables, capacitor calc's with dielectric tables, John Freau's
design rules etc. I've integrated some postings from the list,
which seemed essential to me. The whole thing started on the base
of Ed Sonderman's easy to use spreadsheet, and I learned from
him, and kept the habit ;^), to distinguish different kind of
data-cells (i.e. "input" or "results") by coloring the background
(thank you Ed!). The MMC and the transformer calculation sheets
are not integrated within this excel. Most of the contents in the
spreadsheet stem from other people or general knowledge. Apart
from Ed Sonderman, my special thanks go to John Freau, Malcolm
Watts, Terry Fritz, Alan Sharp, Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Jochen
Kronjaeger - from whom this excel-sheet includes TCML postings.

Cheers,
Kurt Schraner

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>