Re: Audio Frequency responce of a VTTC plasma discharge

Original poster: "35045 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <free0076-at-flinders.edu.au>

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Trimmell by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>

> Has anyone else tried Grid Audio modulation of a VTTC? Or Audio modulation
> of a SSTC? I am really interested in verifying my suspicions regarding
> Frequency response of the plasma/spark discharge. Possibly something else
> is happening? Plate modulation (don't have that mongo amp!), or SSTC
> testing would verify?

I have produced nice sounding music from a flyback transformer with diode
capacitance providing RF output. I too found that bass blew out the
streamer and that an equaliser is necessary.

Have fun,
Darren Freeman