Re: Does it matter which way i wind my secondary?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> > If the system is powered in DC (the primary capacitor is charged always
> > with the same polarity), I would expect some slight difference in the
> > spark output, because it's easier to have breakout with negative
> > voltages than with positive voltages.
>
>         Are you referring to the polarity of the first peak of the secondary
> voltage of a heavily-coupled coil?

Heavily coupled or not. If you invert the winding direction of the
secondary (simpler to invert the connections of the primary) all the
waveforms will be upside-down, and the first peak of the secondary
voltage that causes breakout will or have a different polarity or
be at a different time of the energy transfer proccess.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz