New rotary first light

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

Hi All,
    Ran the new async rotary tonight for the first time. Much longer
sparks. I didn't have much time to do any serious measurements I was
using 65 nF and noticed that the best spark length was at around 2200
rpm. I am using 8 flying electrodes and 4 static connected in pairs
can't remember the formula to work out the break rate. The spark length
went down as I varied the speed. When I went down to 800 rpm the safety
gap fired really loudly. I was expecting this to happen so was not too
surprised. It was still LOUD though. More results on Sunday when I
should have some figures.

cheers
bob golding