Re: VTTC first sound :-)

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

David Trimmell wrote:

> I am asuming you placed the 230V side of the "Audio coupling" transformer
> in series with the grid to grid coil, and ran audio input into the 12V
> side?

David, Finn, all!

Yes, I placed the 230 V side in series with the grid coil. But
opposite to your schematic I placed it between grid coil and grid
leak components. Shouldn't matter. I need to test, whether the 200
pF cap in parallel to the 230 V winding is of sufficient value. It's
purpose is to provide a path for the rf grid current pulses isn't it?
I'll try higher values but not so high to short the winding for the
modulation frequencies of course.

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your advice.

Regards,

Herwig