Re: "Scotty, Beam me up!"

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Al,
           I would not want to be on your list of "guffawers". More
below:

On 25 Feb 01, at 10:18, Tesla list wrote:

> <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>
>
> Hi.  What may help is the booklet entitled:  Tesla Oscillator and
> Fluorescent Tube Driver by Gary L. Peterson from 21st Century Books.
> This will give you building and internal tuning advice for your coils
> to drive remote lighting and motors with your Tesla coil.  It really
> works once you get your twin secondary transmitter/receivers into
> tune. I am amazed at the wireless power transmission capability of my
> Tesla coil and its ability to run motors at a distance with no wire
> connections!  Many people on this list guffaw at me for encouraging
> wireless electrical transmission and believing in Teslas wireless
> world system, but I have seen for myself that it is real!  And that is
> only with my dual modified neon setup with a tuned remote secondary.
> Imagine what a large pole pig tranny could be capable of!     Al.

I too have run lights and a motor remotely using TCs but not very far
and with all the attendant bugbears such as interference. Really, a
CW system would be the #1 requirement for such a system to be
remotely useful. Forget spark gaps. Interference aside, they are a
waste of power. Tesla himself said so and it is clear to me from my
readings of the notes that CW operation was his goal. I have grave
doubts whether significant ground currents induced into leads etc.
would constitue a useful system. Consider WANs and LANs and the
effects this might have on them just for example. Perhaps one day
when all comms are optical (if ever) we might be able to reserve the
earth for power only transmission.

Regards,
Malcolm