Re: Still getting strange / poor results.

Hi Simon,

Can you describe your coil.  I am specifically looking for dimensions and
numbers needed to calculate things about your coil:

Power source is a 15/30 NST with a 6.27nF primary cap?
What type of spark gap are you using (rotary or static)?
What is you line frequency there (50 or 60Hz)?

What are the dimensions of your primary coil?
Diameter of the inner hole?
Outside diameter?
How many total turns?
Where are you tapping it for the best tuning?
Center to Center turns spacing?
Diameter Of primary tubing?
Is it flat or conical in shape?

What is the diameter of the secondary coil?
What is the winding length?
What is the wire diameter or gauge?
How many turns of wire are there?

What are the dimensions of your top terminal?
Diameter if it is a sphere?
Total outside Diameter if a toroid?
Diameter of the donut section if it is a toroid?
What is the distance from the top of the secondary winding to the center of
the top terminal?

Describe the protection filter componenet values?
Resistance per leg?
Capacitance per leg?
How it is wired up (like mine?)?

How long (in cm) are the arcs now?

Do you have a variac?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I need to know a lot to help :-))  Sorry
if you have all ready mentioned some of this but I sort on need it all in
one print out to start crunching and I was unable to dig it out of old posts.

I think you said the NST was jumping like 1 to 2 CM sparks so it seems
fine.  When they die, the sparks are tiny.

Cheers,

	Terry