Re: CW coil top terminals?

Hi David,

Would a toroid on top help make longer arcs (in the staccato mode)?  I can
only tune down to 325kHz so I don't think I can add much top load right
now.  However, I will eventually wind another secondary probably with tap
points to adjust the frequency a little.  The RF generator is limited to
325 to 375 kHz so I have to stay in that band.  If a little toroid would
help I will account for that.  Having a tungsten point seems like a good
idea.  I think I can get a ceramic insulator so it can really cook :-))

Cheers,

	Terry