Re: Multiple Spark Gaps

Original poster: "Samuel Rosset by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <samr-at-bluewin.ch>

Hi Dennis,

Your gap is called SD gap, from the name of Scot D, who designed that gap
about a year ago. As I don't have any information on your system, I can't
tell you what spacing you should try at first. But... One thing is certain :
You must close down the gap to tune your coil. So to use your own words :
Start a little close and work your way out, once your coil seems properly
tuned. Beware not to overspace the gap though. That could damage your
caps...

Samuel