Re: COOL STUFF YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR COIL!

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi All, David,

David, well spoken. I loved your analogy and realism regarding how the RF
Voltage
(current) will travle on (and penetrating a bit) of the surface of a copper
wire -
but NOT on the surface of the insulation. As blood vessels of the human
body are the
most conductive, the RF will seek and find them - not the outer surface of
our skin.
The skin effect does not refer to the human body as if RF voltages travel
on the
outer surface of our skin. In effect, these RF voltages travel within our
highest
conductive parts - not the skin. People are fooled due to the RF frequencys
which
are too high for our nerves to react - no initial "pain". However, damage
is still
occuring and sometimes results in a dull ache in the bones and muscles.
Been there
and done that. It hurt for about a week or so.

Be intellegent. Let voltages travel along metal - not the body. If your
going to
take arcs, wear some sort of metal suit or something similar which has a
connected
path to go somewhere. Three people I know of have lost their lives - lets
have no
more. Also, with more and more coilers using pole pigs, it's just a matter
of time -
it could be anyone of us. So, let us always try to give the safest
information to
new pole pig coilers. New coilers - don't be tempted. Learn NST's or
similar lower
current devices first! Then later - go to something bigger if desired.
NST's can
kill -  have no doubt about this - anyone who says different is naive and still
alive. Most of the time, no - but, it can happen. Be smart regardless of
power used.
What is smart? Smart is taking a step back before firing and going over safety
protocols. How many fire up their coils with a gas water heater near by?
How many
have a gas can or flamable spray cans near by? Think first - remove hazards
- then
let it RIP!

And don't "drink and coil". This is a bad - bad - bad combination - been
there and
done that. That was the time my arm hurt for a weak or so (even a couple
glasses of
wine can impare ones actions - and I'm no lightweight in the drinking
arena). Thank
God I was running at low power. Never-Ever again. Enough said.

Take care,
Bart