Re: Electric Lobster

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/31/01 2:13:58 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Jamie Mereness by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
> " <mereness-at-dti-dot-net>
>
> Nice picture of my smaller coil "cooking" a lobster at foxnews-dot-com
> today.  http://www.foxnews-dot-com/etcetera/013001/food_party.sml .
>
> Jamie Mereness

        Well, it's one way to elevate Tesla coil research to the level of a
carnival side show. It's obvious that no one there, including the reporter,
knew what they were looking at, or cared. The reference to a
"Frankenstein-like static electricity-generating machine called a Tesla
coil," was another nationally broadcast round of mis-information about TCs.
This bizarre mixture of "Art," "Religion," and "Technology" (there was NO
SCIENCE present) IMO damages the public's impression of everyone in the field
as much as the perpetual motion/UFO/ lunatic fringe does. Hopefully you were
well-paid.
Matt D.