DArN CAPACITORS!

Original poster: "Drew Murray by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <drewallmighty-at-hotmail-dot-com>

OK people,
I'm sick of getting dry, crusty, stinging, bleeding hands from salt water
caps. Absolutely sick of it. As far as i'm concerned, salt water caps made
with beer bottles or most other thick glass bottles suck. I read about how
lossy they are and what a mess they are when you pour motor oil over them to
suppress corona discharge. From my experiences with tesla coil caps, two
liter pop bottles filled with brine and covered with tin foil are the best.
However, they are not as durable as glass caps are as the plastic bottle
will break down easily if the voltage output of the transformer is too much.
On one of these caps, i drew a 3-4 inch snapping white spark off of the
electrode on the neck of the bottle. I did this with a 10000v 23ma oil
burner igniter. Glass bottle caps barely made a 1 inch spark.
I need your help!
I want a bigger transformer, and i need more info on POTENTIAL TRANSFORMERS.
ie: How big? How are they different from distribution XFMRs (Pole Pigs)
If I were wanting to build a MMC, where would I get the caps at a good
price. I am only a high school student hoping to enter my tesla coil in a
science fair this march. It has to be done this march. Help , I need your
advice.
                                                    Up here in Canada,
                                                     Drew Murray