tesla coil

Original poster: "Joshua Lovato by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jlovato-at-newmexico-dot-com>

Hi I am new to tesla coils. I recently built a TC with a 1.75 diameter, 680
turn primary and a 5 inch helical sec taped at 3 turns. Im using a 9-10kv
20-30?ma NST and a home rolled .012uf poly cap in mineral oil.  I was able to
get 3 inch arcs out of the secondary. what would you sugest that I do to
increase arc legnth? could the problome be my cap? (the equations and tesla
softwair originaly called for .0079uf caps but the capacity on my cap went up
to .012uf after I put it in a PVC pipe and filled it with oil)

thanks,
Josh