Re: Winding Secondary

Original poster: "joseph gallo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <juzeppy-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Winding Secondary
>Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 07:34:37 -0700
>
>Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
><evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
>Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
><Irrelative-at-aol-dot-com>
> >
> > I finally got some magnetic wire, but I need to create some sort of jig
> > wind my secondary.  I'm planning on having a hand cranking version to
> > simplify (a friend will help me).  Does anyone have any tips or easier
>ideas
> > before I get started (I'd really to save time and do it only once)?  I'm
> > kinda curious as to how other people have attached a jig to the actual
> > secondary form (in my case, PVC pipe) and managed to remove it without
> > destroying their secondary.  Currently, I'm planning on attaching a
>wooden
> > pole down the middle by hot-glueing a wood support onto the end and then
> > cranking that, and when done, sawing off the ends.  Any tips will be
> > appreciated.
> >                                                 Justin
>
>	Skip the glueing and just turn a couple of end caps which fit the tube
>snugly.  They will be of use after you are through, for mounting the
>upper terminal at one and mounting the coil at the other.  If you are
>going to wind a number of coils use cones instead, as they will fit
>different diameters without any additional work.
>
>Ed
>
>May I add:
I used 1/2" threaded rod and nuts & washer (they sell lengths of three feet
or so at the  Home Depo ) which made it easy to hold the end caps in and add
a handle to crank with. I made a 'cradle ' to sit the rod and pvc in. I
wound my first two coils and it was easyer than I expected.

Joseph