Re: Primary and Secondary winding direction

Original poster: "Russ.Shaw by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <rjshaw-at-iprimus-dot-com.au>

A quarter-wave verical antenna with ground-plane has maximum
current at the base and maximum voltage at the top, due to
the distributed inductance and capacitance. The tesla secondary
is physically much shorter than quarter wavelength, but because
of the construction, there is a much higher distributed
inductance and capacitance, making it resonant too, with
maximum current at the base and maximum voltage at the
top. For lossless structures, the current is 90degrees
out of phase with the voltage. For any loss, radiation
resistance, or other load, you get a small component of
voltage in-phase with the current.

--
*   Russell Shaw, B.Eng, M.Eng(Research)  *
*      email: rjshaw-at-iprimus-dot-com.au       *