Re: Need Help :(

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Jerry,
Welcome to the Tesla list and a fascinating hobby.
I would like to urge you to begin your explorations into electrical science
by reading and studying anything you can find on the subject. You may want to
check
out the excellent Tesla manuals written by John Couture whose postings can
often be found on the Tesla list. These manuals have  plans for Tesla coils
of various size.

http://home.att-dot-net/~couturejh/

There is lots of info in the Tesla Archives and the Tesla Ring. I don't know
where you are in school but if you are in grade school I urge you to go to
the nearest high school and
speak with the physics teacher. Ditto if you are in HS or College. Also,
there may be someone in your area with Tesla experience. Post your location
on the list and you may get a response from your nearest neighbor.  :-)) Go
to the library and start reading all
you can find on electrical theory and workshop techniques.

Tesla coiling will involve you with extremely dangerous and lethal electric
power. You must observe extreme caution and good safety habits at all times.
The behavior of Tesla
coils can be unpredictable. Arcs can fly out of the coil and burn the house
down or strike
anyone nearby. Only by understanding and controlling the danger will you be
safe.
You should start out with a small coil that will be a little tolerant of the
mistakes we all
make.

I again urge you to read, read, read and study, study, study. You will find
many
on the Tesla list who will be glad to help you when you have questions.

Good luck, and think safety at all times.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman

http://home.att-dot-net/~couturejh/