From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2001 2:14 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Chaotic Resonance(Solid State Coilers)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/7/01 10:42:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original poster: "John H. Couture

I did not say "generate more electricity" which would mean more electric
energy. I was referring to electric power not electric energy. Electric
power is like a force. Electric energy is like work. A force is required to
do work. Power is required to generate electricity or electric energy. >>

Hi John, all,
I agree with you and all of the others out there that realize that you
can't get something for nothing. Another way to state what you are
saying is comparing a stick of dynamite to a ton of coal. A stick of
dynamite (when detonated) releases plenty of POWER, in that it re-
leases all of its relatively small potential ENERGY in a fraction of a
second. On the other hand, a ton of coal may burn for days, so it
doesn't really release a vast amount of POWER, but it has a relative-
ly immense amount of ENERGY that is released on a much longer
duty cycle, compared to the stick of dynamite. In a word, POWER =
WORK / TIME and ENERGY = WORK X TIME. A kilowatt/hour is a
unit of electrical energy and is equal to work (kW) X time (hours). A
joule is a unit of power and is equal to work (watts) divided by time
(seconds). Ten joules that is discharged within 10 u/sec will have an
average power rating during that 10 u/sec of 1 megawatt, but if it's
spread out over a whole second, then it's only 10 watts of power,
but it's still the same amount of energy.

Well, this has been the babblings of an "engineer wannabe" but I think
that I have the right idea.

David Rieben