Depotting NST - Help!

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

I just had to do it, despite some recommendations not to.  (No "I told
you so's" please)

I used heat, and mineral spirits, and it was a heck of a mess, but I got
it (15kv 60ma Franceformer) all the way down to the basic parts - two E
shaped blocks, some shunts, the primary and two secondaries, with just
some little bits of tar stuck here and there.

I'm kind of confused about the secondaries.  I can't tell what they're
made of - they look, from the side, like paper.  What do I do with these
things?  Just clean them as is?  If it is paper, they're pretty well
soaked in mineral spirits and dissolved tar.

This is all sort of a grand experiment for me - any help would be most
appreciated.

	- Bill Vanyo