Re: "mil"

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/8/01 11:47:44 PM Central Standard Time,
twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net writes:

<< My physics
 > teacher (U. S.) in 1944 taught in the metric system and actually used the
SI
 > system of units because he didn't like teaching arithmetic for doing all
 > those nasty conversions. >>

 Hi,
 No SI in 1944. SI was not adopted in the US until 1960. (I looked it up :-))
 It was about the time that we changed cycles until it Hertz. Your physics
 teacher probably worked in the CGS system as MKS came in around 1950. In
1944
 many physics texts were still using the FPS system.

 Cheers,
 Ralph Zekelman