Re: Poulsen Arcs

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

> Hi Ed,
>     The guy I spoke to is called David (I think) and lives somewhere in New
> Jersey.
> Sorry can't remember any more, didn't make a note after he said it would be
> a waste of effort
> for a Tesla coil. I think we are talking about the same person.
>
> cheers
> bob golding

	I think we are.  I would disagree with him a little bit to the extent
that, for novelty's sake, an arc oscillator of a few hundred watts
output could be used to excite a CW TC, in exactly the same manner as
the fellows do in their VTTC's.  A LOT more work, though, and a lot more
equipment.  Tubes are really mighty good at this sort of stuff, and very
easy to use.

Ed