Re: Strange problem

Original poster: "James T by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jamest2000-at-att-dot-net>

Hi Bob,

<CoilerBob-at-aol-dot-com>
>   I turned on the coil and it threw a circuit
> breaker.  The problem is that the breaker is not for the circuit that the
> Tesla coil is on.  The coil continued to operate after the breaker opened.  I
> Bob

 I had the same problem with my coil. Well. it was not exactly the same. I was
shooting 71" sparks to the walls of my garage. The sparks apparently went right
through the brick wall to the wiring inside. There was a lamp pluged in on
the other
side of the wall. The short version is that the receptacle had carbon
tracked, which
only caused a problem when running the coil. After I replaced the
receptacle and
learned to unplug the lamp, the problem was resolved. Weird things can happen.
 Heres my questions. Is the breaker that blew feeding power to the same
room as the
coil? If not, what was plugged in to that circuit? Was the stuff on at the
time? Was
the stuff plugged in, large metal objects, such as a torcherie lamp? My
guess is that
the blown breaker was on the same phase as the TC. Is it possible to check?
 Out of curiosity I would unplug stuff from the problem circuit and try it
again, with
the TC.
 One guy recently said his matress caught on fire from pure induced current
from his
TC. Again, wierd. I'm definetly not trying to worry you. I'm just saying to
expect the
unexpected. I'm glad to see your cautious. It's probably not to serious.
Regards,
 James T