RE: Silicone Cement for re-assembling NST's?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

I don't know if such a thick layer of silicone will ever cure, but there are
other issues.  If you found that you ever needed to unpot it again, the
silicone is there to stay - nothing can remove it.  It's also very thick and
there would be many trapped air pockets.

I used and recommend filling the NST case in melted Vaseline jelly.  As a
liquid it is very thin and will penetrate every crack, displacing all air,
and it will gel to its original state, making it leak-proof.  And should you
need to, you can depot it again with only the heat from a hair dryer.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA