Re: source for large quantities of Vaseline (was Silicone Cement for re-assem...

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

<Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

> In a message dated 1/15/01 6:13:23 PM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>
> <<
>  Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
> <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net
>
>  << Just looked at Spectrum's web page.  $29.80 for 2.2 kg.  That works out
> to about $5.40 a pound.  Does that seem right to you? >>
>

> Hi Ed, all,
> That seems a little high ot me. My wife informs me that you can get
> a 13 oz. (368 grams) jar of Equate brand petroleum jelly from Wal-
> Mart for around $2.00. So it would seem that it would actually be
> cheaper to purchase several small jars of it from your local discount
> department store to obtain the quantity that you require.
>
> David Rieben

	Good idea!  Had thought of it but haven't gotten around to looking at
the discount stores as this is a LONG term project.

Ed