Re: Tracking inside secondary former

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Clearspring1-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi David,

A clear success for your method!  I had been under the impression that the
disks had to be sealed to the secondary former, but obviously your method
works well in your setup.

I would still be most interested in hearing the theoretical underpinings of
how internal flashover and carbon tracking originate in the first place --
the conditions and electrical dynamics that cause this phenomenon.  My
electrical background is pretty modest and some enlightenment on this would
help me and perhaps others.  Anyone?

Thanks!

Michael Tandy