RE: Won't someone PLEASE help me?

Original poster: "Duke, Ronn (CCI-San Diego CCC) by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ron.Duke-at-cox-dot-com>

Garry,
Sorry to hear about your NST problems. If you have a little time on your
hands, instead of buying another NST, rewind them yourself as I have done.
You've done half the work by depotting them. The primary is still good, so
all you need are new secondaries.  You can make a motorized winder out of
shelving material and parts from your local electronic surplus store. I made
mine to wind transformers and Tesla secondaries. It is easier to wind the
cores with an auto feed to keep the windings even. Terry Fritz used to have
a winder he built on his web site. His was computer controlled feed, but
mine is mechanical. Skateboard/rollerblade  bearings are inexpensive and
work quite nicely for all the rotating parts. You can use 30ga. wire
(heavier than original), and Kraft paper from Home Depot (masking paper),
for insulation between layers. After you get the core apart, you can measure
how much space you have left with the primary in place, in the windows of
the core. Don't forget to allow for the shunts, (you can remove half of each
pack), and insulation. It will take some time to wind, figure about 7,000 to
10,000 turns on each side depending of how much voltage you want out and how
much space you have to work with. (don't forget the turn counter). You can
modify a 30 cal. Ammo box for its new home, it's the right size and its air
tight, perfect for an oil bath. Once you get set up, you can rewind a
transformer in a day. (barring complications). You might find it rewarding.
There are several websites on the Tesla webring of people that have "rolled
their own"  home brew transformers.  Email me off list if you want more
info.

Keep on coilin'

Sparky