Re: Cap in oil

Original poster: "Charles Hobson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <charles.a.hobson-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Dennis,  <Leik3-at-aol-dot-com> wrote

Hi All!
Is there any advantage to submerging a cap in an airtight container of oil,
or would it work the same if it was just in a bucket covered with oil. I can
stick it in a pvc pipe container with the oil in it (thanks for the leads)
but my cap is about six inches in diameter and the end caps are about ten
bucks a piece and if I can get around spending the money, I will.
Thanks,
Dennis

Hello Dennis
Mineral oil absorbs water from the air (I think the term is hygroscopic) and
can be a problem if not kept sealed. I wouldn't chance it Dennis.    Chuck